Top 10 Rockford Fosgate Amps of 2020
10 Solid Rockford Fosgate Amps Reviewed
Have you been looking for the perfect amp for your auto sound system? When it comes to amplifiers, we are really spoiled for choice. There is some really great equipment out there and some really bad gear too.
That’s why it pays to stick to a better-known brand name like in amps and subs, Rockford Fosgate in this area. That does narrow the field somewhat, but still leaves you with a lot of choices. To make it easier, we had a look at all the amps that Rockford Fosgate makes and narrowed it down to the top 10.
We didn’t have to worry so much about quality – that’s a given here – so we rated on the features offered, the price and the functionality.
Top 10 Rockford Fosgate Amps of 2020
Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier
This is one of the company’s best-selling models for a very good reason – it is extremely efficient, especially when it comes to the amount of current it draws from your car.
- A 500-Watt capacity
- A 2-Ohm overall load unit
- Punch bass installed
- A remote to control the level of punch.
- Can be hooked up to just about any system
- Easy to install
This is good if you want a reasonable power supply. It is not going to give enough power for killer subs, but it does a good enough job for most purposes.
Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200-Watt Class-D 1-Channel Amplifier
This is the toy for big boys and girls looking for some serious amplification.
- A slim-line design
- RMS Power rating of 400 Watts at 4 Ohm, 800 Watts at 2 ohms and 1200 Watts at 1 ohm
- It has a variable crossover
- Built-in protection against surges, short circuits and overheating
- An infrasonic filter
- A PEQ remote is available
This is a good option if you really want to rack up the points in terms of sound output.
Rockford Fosgate R250X4 Prime 4-Channel Amplifier
This is not the newest kid on the block, and the design is a little chunkier than others, so it is a no-no if you are battling with space. It does, however, deliver a solid performance.
- 4 channels
- RMS continuous power rating of 40 Watts on each channel at 4 Ohm; 60 Watts on each channel at 2 Ohm and 125 Watts at 4 Ohm
- It is easy to install and requires no special handling.
Okay, so the output levels seem to be a little low, especially considering the other options on the page. This model is better for someone who wants to crank up the volume occasionally.
Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch 300 Watt Powered Loaded 12-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure
Okay, so this was a somewhat sneaky addition. It is an all in one kit that comes with the subwoofer, amp, and enclosure. It couldn’t be much easier to install it.
- A 300 Watt amp for excellent sound
- A 12-inch subwoofer
- A sturdy surround that is scratch-resistant
- Very easy to install
This is a great model for hobbyists or beginners. All you need to know is how to connect it up, and from there it can be placed in the trunk.
Rockford Fosgate P600X4 Punch 4-Channel Amplifier
We really liked the design of this one and the power that it produced. Do get ready to dig deep into that wallet though, this is not the cheapest option.
- Outputs featuring RCA pass-throughs.
- Dynamic power ratings of 129 across four channels at 4 Ohm
- C.L.E.A.N. setup makes things easy for you
- You can get a remote to control the level of punch as an optional extra
This is the option for the serious enthusiast. For a beginner, it might be a little overkill, though.
Rockford P500X2 Punch 2-Channel Amplifier
If you just need a simple amp with a lot of power, this 2=channel model could be just the ticket.
- A power rating of 150 Watts per channel at 4 Ohm, 250 Watts per channel at 2 Ohm or 500 Watts at 4 Ohm if bridged
- A built-in Punch EQ delivering 18 dB of boost at a frequency of 45 Hz
- 12db per octave crossover
- A heatsink made from cast aluminum
This is a great option if you are a more serious enthusiast.
Rockford P1000X1BD Punch 1-Channel Amplifier
This is a real monster in terms of output and should satisfy the most discerning audiophile.
- A power rating of 300 Watts at 4 Ohm, 500 Watts at 2 Ohm and 1000 Watts at 1 Ohm, although some users have said that they have run 1500 Watts with no problem as well.
- It is easy to install
- Has a highly effective heatsink
- Low-pass crossover
- Infrasonic filter
This option is more expensive, but it is made for those who are truly serious when it comes to creating that perfect sound.
Rockford Fosgate R150X2 Prime 2-Channel Amplifier
This one has a more retro vibe going for it, and all cool cats are going to dig it. There is nothing old-fashioned about the tech itself, though.
- Power ratings are 50 Watts on both channels at 4 Ohm; 75 Watts on both channels at 2 Ohm and 150 Watts at 4 Ohms if bridged
- It can handle higher input levels and also RCA input
- Has a heatsink incorporated
- Controls are top mounted and easily accessible
- Comes with power and ground leads of 4 gauge
It will work well for those looking for a pretty good boost and willing to invest a little more.
Rockford Fosgate T400X4ad Power Series 400 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier
- 4 channels
- The power rating is 100 Watts RMS on each channel at 2 to 4 Ohm, 200 Watts RMS on each channel at 4 Ohm when bridged
- Tech to ensure that it maintains it full output even if there are changes in impedance
- It comes with a C.L.E.A.N system to make sure that you get the initial settings perfect
There are a bunch of additional features that will delight a real enthusiast, but that might boggle the mind of a beginner.
Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 Punch 300-Watt 2-Channel Boosted Rail Amplifier
This is a more affordable model that can give a little insight into higher performance options.
- High level inputs
- Up to 300-Watts of power
- A compression terminal that can be detached
- MOSFET for the output stage
- Variable voltage dynamic current offset settings
This model is aimed at those who have a little experience in the area and want to start upgrading to bigger and better amps. It is better suited to lower volumes.
Our Favorite 3 Rockford Fosgate Amps
That is a whole bunch of great amps to choose from and they are all good buys, but there were some that were better than others.
The Rockford Fosgate Prime 1,200-Watt Class-D 1-Channel Amplifier came up tops in terms of power.
The Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch 300 Watt Powered Loaded 12-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure beat out all the others in terms of great value for money.
It was the Rockford P1000X1BD Punch 1-Channel Amplifier that topped the charts when it came to pure performance.
Now that you have a better idea of what the best options are, it is just up to you to decide what features are most important to you. Good luck.